Join our award-winning, ambitious & hard-working team in one of our exciting roles and help us drive our success to the next level. We are a rapidly growing business but still small enough that you feel like a member of the Celtic & Co. family – we’d like you to become our newest member! The more diversity we have in our team, the more unique perspectives and bright ideas we share. At Celtic & Co we are driven by alternative thinking, which to us means all ideas, personal beliefs, points of view, empower us to be a better more inclusive place to work.
We support our employees by providing dedicated learning and development opportunities that will help you to thrive and succeed. At Celtic & Co. you’ll have a healthy work-life balance, a supportive and open-minded team environment and the opportunity to enter a cycle-to-work-scheme. We also offer an exclusive employee discount. All applications must include a covering letter and details of your current notice period. All roles are based in Cornwall.
Concession & Wholesale Manager
Concession & Wholesale Manager
The role: Celtic & Co. have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager to join the Warehouse leadership team taking responsibility for our Concession & Wholesale (Trade) team and our Returns team. Concession partners include major retailers such as Marks and Spencer, John Lewis and Next.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager you will lead, support, and develop the Trade and Returns team to work efficiently and provide excellent service to our customers though the timely and accurate completion of tasks. This is a dual-brand role providing these functions for both Celtic & Co. and Frugi (Ethical, Organic Childrenswear).
On a day-today basis:
- You will ensure all scheduled consignment orders are completed within the agreed weekly timescales and conform to strict supplier standards.
- You will build and maintain positive relationships with internal Merchandise teams, concession partners and relevant 3rd parties including 3PL’s and transport.
- Organise the daily work schedule for the Returns & Trade teams making reactive adjustments as required based on the agreed priorities.
- Ensure the team are supported with training appropriate to their role so that they can perform their duties following best practice.
- Ensure direct reports understand their responsibility as a first point of contact for temporary colleagues/ General Assistant’s and that they understand the appropriate level of response and behaviour they should display.
- HR responsibility will include return to work meetings, absence management, grievance and disciplinary meetings, performance management, holiday authorisation and rota maintenance.
- You will work closely with the Warehouse Manager and the Goods-in & Dispatch Manager to ensure all warehouse functions align with customer promise and department KPI’s and that resource is distributed where it’s required across the whole Warehouse function.
- You will deputise some of the responsibilities of the Warehouse Manager or the Dispatch & Goods-in Manager during holidays or absence.
- Maintain the processing of returns inline within department KPI’s and customer promise.
- Co-ordinate with the Supervisor to ensure that all month-end reporting is completed and passed onto the relevant internal teams.
- Organise and complete once weekly 1-2-1 meetings with every team member in Returns & Trade and assist if required with other teams.
- Promote a positive team culture, embracing change. Challenge undesirable behaviour and escalate as appropriate.
Other leadership responsibilities include:
- Key holder for opening and closing the premises.
- Forklift operator –if required. (Training will be provided)
- First Aider if required.
- Fire Marshal if required.
- Health & Safety responsibility if required.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has proven experience managing and leading a team of people in a fast-paced environment.
- Is a competent user of Excel functions (incl. Vlookup) and WMS systems.
- Will be reliable and self-motivated with a good attention to detail, never compromises on standards and encourages others to do the same.
- Can work efficiently whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Can think on their feet, adapting well to the changes a growing company can bring.
- Leads by example – inspiring, coaching and developing their team every day.
- Will be friendly, enjoy working as part of a team and comfortable working to targets and deadlines.
- Is computer literate. An experienced administrator, efficient and accurate with data entry.
- Has a base level of fitness as this role is active.
- Is flexible to business needs during periods of peak trading.
- Casual dress
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,500.00 per year
Applications via Indeed: https://uk.indeed.com/job/concessions-wholesale-manager