At Celtic & Co. we believe clothes are more than just fashion and this belief is applied to our team. Staff are much more than just a resource.
We are an informal brand that takes inspiration from our beautiful Cornish location; its colours, patterns and textures. We are passionate about quality, attention to detail and in providing the best products and services to our customers through direct selling channels.
You can find out more about us here. We are based in Newquay, Cornwall where our Factory, Warehouse and Offices are centralised.
Production Operative – Sewing Machinist
Full-Time or Part Time - Permanent
After a very busy year and with some exciting projects in the pipeline, we are looking to grow our team and recruit 6 Sewing Machine Operators to join our Factory Team. Handcrafting our sheepskin slippers, boots and accessories, we offer full training with no experience necessary. We are looking for hard-workers with good attention to detail and are offering the potential to earn over £12 an hour once training is complete.
Role: Reporting to the Production Manager, you will carry out all sewing machining and related work which forms part of the construction of products the company manufactures, adhering to the high quality standards required to ensure Celtic’s customers receive the best possible buying experience. Quality is at the heart of our products, meaning you will need to work to the highest standards, ensuring your work is exceptional.
- You will accurately sew together the component parts using different industrial sewing machinery and stitch types as agreed with the Production Manager, ensuring that quality standards are maintained at all times, working to meet set targets.
- Working as part of a close-knit team, you will communicate effectively with your colleagues to ensure the flow of work is consistent and in line with production requirements.
- You will support other team members to ensure a fair distribution of work through the sewing team. Where necessary, moving on to second/third jobs and other machines.
- You will carry out your daily production duties to agreed performance standards (including maximum safe working rates), ensuring quality & safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Urgent work, as directed by the Production Manager must be prioritised and handled without any unnecessary delay.
- With the regular introduction of new styles, requiring changes to production processes and input from all involved, you will be open and adaptable to change.
- You will assist with the delivery of raw materials into the sew room, accurately checking deliveries against purchase orders; checking for quality & suitability. Elevate any delivery concerns to a manager.
- You will assist with accurate periodic cycle counts and stock takes as directed by the Production Manager.
Occasionally you may be required to help in other areas of the company, you will be flexible and enthusiastic to help in these areas.
- You will adhere to Legislative and company Acts and policies throughout the factory which govern health and safety and employment law, as advised by the Production Manager and Handbooks provided, ensuring all procedures are fairly and safely applied across the company without prejudice.
- You will assist the Production Manager with functional and orientation training for all potential factory associates.
- Work with the Production Manager on your personal training & development needs in order to effectively carry out your role, and to support the Work In Progress targets for the factory.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality and personal appearance
- You will maintain good working relationships with your colleagues throughout the business
- Initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to multi task
- Exceptional personal quality standards
- Great attention to detail
- Customer centric & team-working focus
- Be able to work accurately under pressure
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com.