Celtic & Co. has been creating timeless, sustainable clothing and footwear for over 30 years. We care greatly about our environment and community and this ethos flows through everything we do. We only ever use natural, sustainable materials, and keep our production miles to a minimum, sourcing mainly from Great Britain and manufacturing our sheepskin footwear and accessories by hand in our Cornish factory. All this contributes towards a better fashion future - we strive to do better every day and take industry standards as a threshold to go beyond.
Our style takes great inspiration from our beautiful Cornish location; its colours, patterns and textures. We are extremely dedicated to quality, circular fashion principles and attention to detail. We are passionate about providing the best products and service to our customers and our efforts have been recognised with three Queens Awards to date.
We are a proud, British manufacturer with two sites located close together in Cornwall. Our factory is based in Newquay and our head office and warehouse are located in Indian Queens.
Join our award-winning, ambitious & hard-working team in one of our exciting roles and help us drive our success to the next level. We are a rapidly growing business but still small enough that you feel like a member of the Celtic & Co. family – we’d like you to become our newest member!
We support our employees by providing dedicated learning and development opportunities that will help you to thrive and succeed. At Celtic & Co. you’ll have a healthy work-life balance, a supportive and open-minded team environment and the opportunity to enter a cycle-to-work-scheme. We also offer an exclusive employee discount.
Customer Service Advisor
Celtic & Co. - Indian Queens TR9
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the first point of contact for customers, clients and partner organisations, communicating effectively and efficiently with customers and colleagues in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Answer a high volume of calls and maintain a rapid response rate to agreed standards, striving for high order value through link selling and customer rapport building, remaining calm and providing a professional response at all times.
- Professionally respond to sales and customer queries using a problem solving approach to find solutions for customers, resolving complaints and queries as necessary. This will be achieved through: diffusing any difficult situations; responding to written communications in accordance with departmental standards, ensuring accurate information is provided and spelling & grammar is correct; where appropriate, recognising situations outside of your control passing these on correctly
- Contact customers by letter, email and/or telephone in support of planned or unplanned promotions and audits or to increase sales figures as directed by the Manager or the Supervisor providing information to customers of current or special offers available.
- Process orders and catalogue requests placed by telephone, email, & post in a timely & accurate manner
Shift patterns: 8h shifts between 8am and 10 pm (Monday - Saturday)
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary with opportunity for permanent roles depending on performance / demand
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: £9.50 per hour
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Order Fulfilment Assistant
Celtic & Co. - Indian Queens TR9
Key responsibilities include:
- You will support the team with stock control and the timely fulfilment of customer orders providing exceptional service and quality of work.
- You will assist with the picking and packing of orders, goods in, stock replenishment and the unpacking and processing of customer returns.
- Minimum of 28 hours per week, this will increase to 40 as we require.
- In the run up-to Christmas the warehouse runs two shifts per day (6am-2pm) and (2pm-10pm) to deal with the additional order volume. You will alternate from one shift to another each week.
- Monday – Saturday
- The successful candidate will be friendly, enjoy working as part of a team and comfortable working to targets and deadlines.
- You will be reliable and self-motivated with good attention to detail, manage your time well and be able to work efficiently whilst maintaining accuracy.
- You should also be open to working on a multitude of warehouse tasks when required and have excellent communication skills.
- You will be computer literate, efficient and accurate with data entry.
- You will have a base level of fitness as the role is active.
Desirable experience includes:
- Previous experience in a retail / stock control / order processing role.
- Experience of working to and achieving targets.
Full training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Shift patterns: 8h shifts between 8am and 10 pm (Monday - Saturday), overtime
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Contract length: 7 months
Salary: £9.50 per hour
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please visit https://indeedhi.re/2UrBe1I and include a covering letter explaining why you would be our ideal candidate, along with your C.V.
Production Operative – Sewing Machinist
Celtic & Co. - Newquay TR7
Full-Time or Part Time - Permanent
After a very busy year and with some exciting projects in the pipeline, we are looking to grow our team and recruit Sewing Machine Operators to join our Factory Team. Handcrafting our sheepskin slippers, boots and accessories, we offer full training with no experience necessary. We are looking for hard-workers with good attention to detail and are offering the potential to earn over £12 an hour once training is complete.
Role: Reporting to the Production Manager, you will carry out all sewing machining and related work which forms part of the construction of products the company manufactures, adhering to the high quality standards required to ensure Celtic’s customers receive the best possible buying experience. Quality is at the heart of our products, meaning you will need to work to the highest standards, ensuring your work is exceptional.
- You will accurately sew together the component parts using different industrial sewing machinery and stitch types as agreed with the Production Manager, ensuring that quality standards are maintained at all times, working to meet set targets.
- Working as part of a close-knit team, you will communicate effectively with your colleagues to ensure the flow of work is consistent and in line with production requirements.
- You will support other team members to ensure a fair distribution of work through the sewing team. Where necessary, moving on to second/third jobs and other machines.
- You will carry out your daily production duties to agreed performance standards (including maximum safe working rates), ensuring quality & safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Urgent work, as directed by the Production Manager must be prioritised and handled without any unnecessary delay.
- With the regular introduction of new styles, requiring changes to production processes and input from all involved, you will be open and adaptable to change.
- You will assist with the delivery of raw materials into the sew room, accurately checking deliveries against purchase orders; checking for quality & suitability. Elevate any delivery concerns to a manager.
- You will assist with accurate periodic cycle counts and stock takes as directed by the Production Manager.
Occasionally you may be required to help in other areas of the company, you will be flexible and enthusiastic to help in these areas.
- You will adhere to Legislative and company Acts and policies throughout the factory which govern health and safety and employment law, as advised by the Production Manager and Handbooks provided, ensuring all procedures are fairly and safely applied across the company without prejudice.
- You will assist the Production Manager with functional and orientation training for all potential factory associates.
- Work with the Production Manager on your personal training & development needs in order to effectively carry out your role, and to support the Work In Progress targets for the factory.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality and personal appearance
- You will maintain good working relationships with your colleagues throughout the business
- Initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to multi task
- Exceptional personal quality standards
- Great attention to detail
- Customer centric & team-working focus
- Be able to work accurately under pressure
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Graphic Designer, Indian Queens
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for creating engaging designs through to print or e-distribution for different marketing materials, conveying messages which directly influence purchase and capture the essence of the Celtic & Co. brand within a consistent style.
The role covers a broad range of design needs working alongside other in-house Graphic Designers. This could include designing or amending catalogues, press books, customer mailings, POS, print and digital advertisements. You will also be required to support the E-commerce Manager to provide emails and web design.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities include:
- Ensuring consistency of brand representation across all online and offline marketing communications
- Designing catalogues and / or making amends from 1st proof stage, managing this process with the in-house team to print ready version, in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Carry out the image manipulation of all final images selected, enhancing and re-touching photography to create compelling and accurate images, in accordance with feedback provided by the in-house team. Manage the relationship with printers for printing catalogue colour proofs, safeguarding artwork sign-off ahead of print deadlines.
- Liaise with external printers on a regular basis, providing final print ready files within agreed deadlines, and ensuring all catalogues and supporting materials are printed to the highest quality.
Other Print Media:
- Liaise with in-house marketing team as required to design eye-catching creative concepts for all supporting print media including press inserts, press ads, press look books and Christmas Cards.
- Co-ordinate the design through to print production for all print media briefs, within agreed timescales, preparing drafts as necessary and final layouts for approval.
- Develop any new-season graphics or logos that express the brand’s products and services, and appeal to the target customer, for use across both print and E-commerce media as required for the design concept or requested by the Head of Marketing
- Support departmental managers to ensure consistency of the company’s brand identity across all print and online medias, for example with packaging, product labelling, email signatures etc
- Assist the E-commerce team with the design of emails within a template format, web banners and category images, designing to a brief supplied by the team.
- Design and delivery of digital display ads from an in-house brief to agreed deadlines and specifications.
- Removing backgrounds and editing imagery that will be used as a product selling image for purchasing online.
- Ensure all new season photography, graphics and other brand images are correctly and timely saved onto the photographic library, in both low and high res format, ensuring all photography is accurately stored with seasonal file paths, final product names and codes.
- Co-ordinate any re-touching of studio photography to include colour matching as required.
- Maintain an awareness of current and forecasted graphics and marketing trends through the regular research of design trends and development in mailing and online activities
Work Experience Requirements
Educated to a relevant degree or HND level in a graphic design related subject
Graphic design industry experience ideally in a fashion retail / direct mail company, including catalogue and online design experience
Expert-level technical skills, particularly with the use of Mac OS. Software and Adobe Creative Suite: including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Experience and knowledge of art working and setting up design for print for a number of different medias
High level of commercial awareness, with the ability to work at a fast pace, controlling demanding workloads to meet deadlines
A passion for and strong understanding of brand design
A natural eye for design, typography and photography
Creative flair and experience in designing printed material
Excellent attention to detail, proofing and art working skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to interpret written and verbal briefs
Stills photography experience would be useful but not essential
Salary up to £26k depending on experience
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 13/08/2021
Expected start date: 23/08/2021
Job Type: Full-time, Temporary
Experience Required: Graphic design: 5 years (required)