Why do you want my email address/telephone number etc?
How do you keep my information safe?
As well as personal data, what other information do you keep?
How do you use my personal data?
Will you ever pass my email details on to third parties?
What are Cookies?
What's the law on Cookies?
How does data travel over the Internet?
Where should I send my data protection queries?
How do I opt out of receiving information from you?
What can I do to increase security?
Q. Why do you want my email address/telephone number etc?
We ask for these details so we can contact you in case there's a problem with your order. In about 1 order in 50, for example, there's a delivery query and we need to contact the customer to resolve it.
We also email customers to advise on Celtic & Co. offers and information. We do not pass on email addresses or telephone numbers to other companies. We do sometimes make postal addresses available to companies who we think our customers might be interested in, but if you do not want this service please give us a call and we'll make sure that you do not receive any such mailings.
Q. How do you keep my information safe?
All Celtic & Co. online purchases take place in a safe environment using the latest security technology to protect our customers.
We encrypt your credit card information to ensure your transactions with us are private and protected as they travel over the Internet. We accept orders only from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Almost all web browsers support this security.
The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce and certified by Thawte, part of the Verisign group - the world's most respected certification body for Internet firms. If you have questions regarding our credit card security policies, please call us on 1 888 567 7007.
If you are still not convinced about the safety of shopping online, but would like to enjoy the quality of Celtic & Co. products, please contact us to place your order over the phone, by calling our toll free customer service number on 1 888 567 7007.
Q. As well as personal data, what other information do you keep?
To help us to offer you the best service, we also keep records of:
- Your purchases with us. This lets us send you the most relevant offers. It also means we can quickly deal with any problems you may experience with your order.
- Any email correspondence you send to us. This helps us to keep track of any problems or concerns you've had with our products or services.
- Incoming calls. This is so we maintain the highest standards of customer service and aids with the training of new staff.
Q. How do you use my personal data?
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information for:
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services
- Planning and managing Celtic & Co. business activities, including analysing customers' shopping habits and preferences
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer
- Letting you know about offers from other companies, but only with your permission
- Assessing your request for delivery of goods and services from us, where we may make enquiries about you including searching your records held by organisations like Equifax and credit reference agencies. At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure.
Q. Will you ever pass my email details on to third parties?
We will never pass on your email address on to a third party for marketing purposes.
Q. What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that websites can send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an Internet user's identification card. They allow our site to recognise you, if you return and more importantly, the contents of your shopping basket whilst you are shopping.
Cookies are not computer programs or viruses, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website.
Q. What's the law on Cookies?
The European Union Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (the "Directive"), which came into force on 31st July 2002, recognises that cookies are a "legitimate and useful tool" for many activities, including verifying the identity of website users. The Directive makes it compulsory for websites to inform users if cookies are being used (which is exactly what we are doing here), and to provide some information on how cookies are used. You can find more information on this subject at www.aboutcookies. org
Lastly, the Directive places an obligation on websites to make users aware that they can set their computers to reject cookies. You will find the instructions on how to do this at www.aboutcookies.org
Q. How does data travel over the Internet?
The Internet is a global network - therefore there are cases where your data travels internationally. We want you to know that if you visit or shop with Celtic Shearling & Co. Ltd, you're agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
Q. Where should I send my data protection queries?
To view all the information we have about you, and to correct any inaccuracies, please write to:
The General Manager
Celtic & Co.
Q. How do I opt out of receiving information from you?
Here is the email address to write to: email@example.com if:
- You do not wish to receive offers in the post from companies whose products we think may interest you.
- You do not wish to receive any further email messages from us (and we quite understand if you don’t, but please remember that if you unsubscribe we will not be able to send you Product Offers before anyone else).
- You do not wish to be contacted by Celtic & Co. at all.
Q. What can I do to increase security?
Internet shopping is becoming more and more popular and the overwhelming majority of transactions are quick, easy and trouble-free. We do everything we can to ensure your shopping experience is as safe and secure as possible.
However, there are a number of additional precautions you can take to increase security:
We recommend you always close down your Internet browser when you have finished shopping online, especially if you use a shared PC. This will delete temporary Internet cookies from any sites you may have visited
Never reveal your password to others
Keep your password as unique as possible and try not to choose obvious passwords, such as your name, partner's name, or other personal information, which could be easily obtained by a third party
Avoid using the same password for numerous Internet sites
Please note, Celtic & Co. will NEVER ask for personal details via email. If you do receive an email requesting this information, please DO NOT REPLY TO IT and contact our Customer Services immediately.