At Celtic & Co. we believe clothes are more than just fashion and this belief is applied to our team. Staff are much more than just a resource.
We are an informal brand that takes inspiration from our beautiful Cornish location; its colours, patterns and textures. We are passionate about quality, attention to detail and in providing the best products and services to our customers through direct selling channels.
You can find out more about us here. We are based in Newquay, Cornwall where our Factory, Warehouse and Offices are centralised.
Merchandising Admin Assistant
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for creating engaging designs through to print or e-distribution for different marketing materials, conveying messages which directly influence purchase and capture the essence of the Celtic & Co. brand within a consistent style.
The role covers a broad range of design needs working alongside other in-house Graphic Designers. This could include designing or amending catalogues, press books, customer mailings, POS, print and digital advertisements. You will also be required to support the E-commerce Manager to provide emails and web design.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities include:
• Ensuring consistency of brand representation across all online and offline marketing communications
• Designing catalogues and / or making amends from 1st proof stage, managing this process with the in-house team to print ready version, in accordance with agreed deadlines.
• Carry out the image manipulation of all final images selected, enhancing and re-touching photography to create compelling and accurate images, in accordance with feedback provided by the in-house team. Manage the relationship with printers for printing catalogue colour proofs, safeguarding artwork sign-off ahead of print deadlines.
• Liaise with external printers on a regular basis, providing final print ready files within agreed deadlines, and ensuring all catalogues and supporting materials are printed to the highest quality.
Other Print Media:
• Liaise with in-house marketing team as required to design eye-catching creative concepts for all supporting print media including press inserts, press ads, press look books and Christmas Cards.
• Co-ordinate the design through to print production for all print media briefs, within agreed timescales, preparing drafts as necessary and final layouts for approval.
• Develop any new-season graphics or logos that express the brand’s products and services, and appeal to the target customer, for use across both print and E-commerce media as required for the design concept or requested by the Head of Marketing
• Support departmental managers to ensure consistency of the company’s brand identity across all print and online medias, for example with packaging, product labelling, email signatures etc
• Assist the E-commerce team with the design of emails within a template format, web banners and category images, designing to a brief supplied by the team.
• Design and delivery of digital display ads from an in-house brief to agreed deadlines and specifications.
• Removing backgrounds and editing imagery that will be used as a product selling image for purchasing online.
• Ensure all new season photography, graphics and other brand images are correctly and timely saved onto the photographic library, in both low and high res format, ensuring all photography is accurately stored with seasonal file paths, final product names and codes.
• Co-ordinate any re-touching of studio photography to include colour matching as required.
• Maintain an awareness of current and forecasted graphics and marketing trends through the regular research of design trends and development in mailing and online activities
Work Experience Requirements
Educated to a relevant degree or HND level in a graphic design related subject
Graphic design industry experience ideally in a fashion retail / direct mail company, including catalogue and online design experience
Expert-level technical skills, particularly with the use of Mac OS. Software and Adobe Creative Suite: including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Experience and knowledge of art working and setting up design for print for a number of different medias
High level of commercial awareness, with the ability to work at a fast pace, controlling demanding workloads to meet deadlines
A passion for and strong understanding of brand design
A natural eye for design, typography and photography
Creative flair and experience in designing printed material
Excellent attention to detail, proofing and art working skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to interpret written and verbal briefs
Stills photography experience would be useful but not essential
Salary up to £25k depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 /year
Merchandising Admin Assistant:
Role: To provide administrative support to the Merchandising team including running reports and analysing sales and stock figures. Work closely with the Senior Merchandiser and suppliers to maintain the flow of products required for the needs of the group businesses
Key accountabilities & responsibilities include:
o Support Senior Merchandiser with smooth ordering and delivery of stock in order to deliver planned sales
o Decide on size breakdowns for Purchase orders taking into account current stock and historic size information
o Organising the creation of Purchases Orders, in both excel and on internal systems
o Ensure purchase orders are sent to suppliers in a timely manner
o Confirm required delivery dates can be achieved with suppliers
o Responsible for managing on-time stock deliveries from suppliers with regular liaising and updates on production progress
o Where necessary liaise with 3rd party logistics companies
o Tracking any over or under deliveries and confirm outstanding actions with suppliers
o Keep systems and spreadsheets up to date with any delivery date or quantity changes
o Set up and maintain excel delivery schedules for each season’s deliveries
o Highlight any planned or unplanned changes to deliveries to Senior Merchandiser
o Communicate delivery information such as packing lists to the warehouse
o Ongoing review of back orders, highlighting any additional orders that need placing with suppliers in order to fulfil
o Ensuring that any issues to fulfilment due to either changes of delivery dates or QC fails are highlighted to customer service.
o Review of back order status by style, ensuring styles are set up to allow or deny back orders at the relevant times during the season
o Support the Senior Merchandiser in producing relevant analysis to support business trading decisions and strategy, such as weekly sales reports, & stock availability.
o Creation of price lists for items moving to the Clearance area on the website
o Follow up on any Trading Actions as directed by the Senior Merchandiser
o Provide support in the creation of catalogue analysis
o Provide support in checking catalogues before going to print, for example prices, product codes and information
o Provide support to the product team in creation of SKU’s where required
o Maintain SKU information on Merchandising Documents
Labels / Bags
o Forecasting usage of labels by supplier
o Picking and organising labels to be sent to suppliers
o Ordering with manufacturer when required
o Providing information to WH for ordering of Coat bags
o Be the main point of contact for call centre and web regarding any stock issues
o Carry out any reasonable additional tasks as requested to support the effective running of the business
o Highly numerical
o High data input accuracy
o Highly organised, precise and methodical
o Good eye for detail & the confidence to question & challenge
o Good communication skills, both internally and externally via the phone and email.
o Be able to regularly asses and re-prioritise workload.
o Foresight & ability to forward plan.
o Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
o Proficient in MS Office, in particular an intermediate/advanced knowledge of Excel required.
o Confident in using systems.
Apply via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £19,000.00 to £21,000.00 /year
No vacancies at present.
No vacancies at present.
Warehouse Supervisor - Retail eCommerce
We are recruiting for a Supervisor to join our busy Warehouse team in Newquay.
This is a great position working for a trustworthy, local company with the opportunity to develop and gain valuable experience and a variety of skills.
- Lead the operational processes within the warehouse directing a team of permanent and seasonal colleagues to achieve the ‘Warehouse Performance Targets’.
- Work alongside the Warehouse Manager to ensure that you retain a trained, multi-skilled and motivated team.
- Oversee the completion of tasks across all areas of our warehouse and set the standard for order picking, packing, goods-in and return processing.
- Support the training and mentoring of new and temporary team members.
- Regularly use our WMS (Warehouse Management System) to receive stock, adjust and maintain our inventory accuracy.
- Be a ‘go-to’ person for support with common troubleshooting.
- Take an active role in the recruitment of temporary staff, assisting in initial application screening, shortlisting and attendance at interviews.
- Work with colleagues from across the business, building and maintaining positive relationships.
- Work with the Manager and Team Leader to complete complex Trade, Event and Photoshoot order requirements.
- Support continuous process improvement and colleague development throughout the warehouse.
The successful candidate will be friendly, enjoy working as part of a team and comfortable working to deadlines.
You’ll be reliable and self-motivated with good attention to detail, manage your time well and be able to work efficiently whilst maintaining accuracy.
You’ll work on a multitude of warehouse tasks, and have excellent communication skills.
Full training will be provided to the successful applicant;
Your previous work experience will include:
- Leadership of a team of people
- Detailed understanding of Warehouse Management or Stock Control software
- You will be computer literate, efficient and accurate with data entry.
- You will have a base level of fitness as the role is active.
- You’ll be flexible to business needs.
- Promote a positive culture of development, change and improvement.
Desirable Experience Includes:
- Counterbalance FLT Certification (training provided for those without)
- Team Leader / Supervisor level experience in eCommerce fulfilment
If you would like to apply for this role please include a covering letter explaining why you would be our ideal candidate, along with your C.V.
Applications without a covering letter will NOT be considered for this vacancy.
40 hours per week – Permanent.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm.
Saturday shifts and overtime are required during our peak season.
£9.47 per hour (April 2019)
Applications for this position should be made via indeed: