Made in Great Britain
Sheepskin footwear with a difference
At Celtic we are passionate about the craft of hand-making our boots, slippers and flip-flops. We’re proud to say that the skins we use to manufacture our sheepskin footwear are from British sheep. Always a by-product of the UK farming industry which operates within the highest regulations for animal welfare, we choose the finest sheepskin, making our products both ethical and high quality. These skins would otherwise be considered waste and farmers would have to pay for their disposal so we are proud to support British farmers with our products.
What sets us apart?
- Handmade in Newquay - All our sheepskin boots and slippers are made in Cornwall with love and care
- 100% Premium quality British sheepskin - We're the only ones still doing it by hand here in Great Britain using British sheepskin
- Machine washable - Our sheepskin is specially treated so you can wash most of our boots and slippers to keep them looking as good as new
- Double-stitched seams - Constructed from up to 11 elements, all our sheepskin footwear is double-stitched for exceptional durability
- Durable soles - All our soles are hand cut from rubber so they're flexible, shock-absorbing and extremely long lasting
- Re-sole & repair service - Unlike other sheepskin boots, ours can be re-soled and repaired - so you can enjoy your Celtic favourites for many years to come
Our clothing and suppliers
We work with many different suppliers who are experts in their fields including Owen Barry in Somerset for jackets and bags, Pantherella in the Midlands for socks, Johnstons of Elgin in Scotland for cashmere, Skinwear in Leicestershire for knitwear, Peregrine in Bristol for waxed outerwear and Dom Goor in London for shearling outerwear. We choose our suppliers based on their quality, use of natural materials and ethical sourcing and manufacture. We prefer to work with experts in their field, whether that is sheepskin outerwear, chunky knitwear or accessories.
Where possible our suppliers are based in the UK and we prefer to source as close to home as possible to both support British manufacturing and ensure minimum environmental impact. We are always striving to give our customers superb products made from luxury natural yarns and fabrics, which offer excellent value for money. By working with other specialist producers we can utilise their expertise and years of knowledge to provide our customer with top quality, beautiful products that they will love and treasure for years.
Click here to view all our Footwear